Order Primary Fleet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discovery GC Freelancer Order Primary Fleet Forums

+11
sad
Sead
majoj
Mario
Omicron
Eriksson
qwertypp7
Rod is a fag
Pacific
Elven12
Tommeh
15 posters

IMPORTANT TO DISCUSS [For everyone, post your opinions]

Tommeh
    Tommeh

IMPORTANT TO DISCUSS [For everyone, post your opinions] Empty IMPORTANT TO DISCUSS [For everyone, post your opinions]

Post  Tommeh Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:37 am

Right, there is this important matter that I want to discuss with you guys.
    Please read all of this and post your honest opinions and suggestions.

As you all know I have been Order| Official faction leader for some time now.
    I think it's more then 1 year now, considering I am playing on Disco for about 2 years, I spend 60-70 % of my time here leading this faction.
    We had tons of fun together, while many times I have went through lot's of crap, whining, complaining, fighting Discovery politics, power maniacs Very Happy and similar stuff.

I loved doing this job, as I was happy to see Order| folks having fun around this faction. I had spare time to invest in this faction and I will never regreat that I did so.
    But lately, my real life has started suffering cause of this faction, aswell as this faction started suffering due to my real life taking advantage, and stoping me in doing my full duties as faction leader.

I found myself now in situation where I can not devote my time to Order| as I could before, and I think it starts to harm the faction. Especially now with Rodent on long break, I barely manage to keep up with things.

Summer is coming, I will be getting lot's of season jobs, won't be at home often. Already now I spend minimum time at PC, and max outside.
    On village where I live there is tons of work and stuff to do during summer,
    and I can not allow myself that online game takes advantage over those stuff.

There has been 1 or two "rebelions" where you folks overeacted a bit, but in other way were kinda right with your points.
    Time has come for me to step down as Order| leader and let someone else to take this place.

So, write down your honest opinions, 2 names, 2 candidates for which you think they would be good as Order| faction leaders.
    Official faction leader task is not exactly "piece of cake" task, so be wise when writing down your suggestions.

I plan to demote myself to Commodore rank, so I can still fly all our shared caps , I am capwhore after all Razz
    And I plan to stick around leadership chats if new leader would agreed to help out with advice every now and then, but that's the max I could do.

I don't want to leave Order| leader seat in rush and dumb this task to who comes first, as that's what happened when I became leader, and I had hard times adjusting to it.
    I also plan to play Order| chars when ever having free time, as I will cut down all other factions that I am in, so when I have avaliable free time, I will spend it on Order|.

One notice: I do not want new leader to take priority of wedjat or some other Order group over Order|. There has been few attempts where Order| Primary Fleet was suppose to go under command of some intelligence division or similar stuff. Keep Order| seat and structure as it is now. We are Official faction, and that's how we are suppose to act.
    I will surely stick around to keep an eye on things, and point out mistakes if there is some, so no worries, new leader most definately won't be alone in this.
    Also, if you have some other ideas which would include me staying Order| leader, if you think there isn't solid enough candidates which could lead an faction, you are welcome to post it aswell.
    Thank you for your attention.

Elven12

IMPORTANT TO DISCUSS [For everyone, post your opinions] Empty Re: IMPORTANT TO DISCUSS [For everyone, post your opinions]

Post  Elven12 Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:41 am

I'd like to offer the following candidates:
    1) Sly-Beetle
    However I don't think he'll take up that position himself, lazy mofo.
    2) 8-|
    I don't really know anyone whom I'd entrust leadership over the Order, in fact.

Everyone's either quite inactive, or unexpierenced, per my opinion.

I'd say also Rodent otherwise, but he's on leave.
    Pacific

IMPORTANT TO DISCUSS [For everyone, post your opinions] Empty Re: IMPORTANT TO DISCUSS [For everyone, post your opinions]

Post  Pacific Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:37 am

I am offering the fallowing candidates.

1) Omicron he is pretty active and knows people from the order. Not to say can command as well.

2) Dash- Yes he can do the job as well
    Rod is a fag

IMPORTANT TO DISCUSS [For everyone, post your opinions] Empty 255 charachter title? Really? Ok! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Post  Rod is a fag Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:58 am

I suggest we get that ORI guy back and make him Admiral.

Because he will lead us into a new age of extreme capwhoring!
    qwertypp7

Post  qwertypp7 Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Waratah...

Definately Waratah.

Better him than that useless fag Rod.
    Eriksson

Post  Eriksson Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:49 pm

1)Michal Golanski aka Omicron
    Not the best leadership skills, but nothing that can't be fixed. Otherwise perfect.
    2)Caja Collister aka Mario (Anonymous User)
    Pure admiral material. (Will need a lot of practice though).
    Omicron
    Omicron

Post  Omicron Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanks for your support, but include my opinion on others.

1. Mario / Collister is a good option.
    2. Leigh, if his activity improved he would do well.

And a word about so called "Wedjat ruling" - last thing I would want to happen in Order, division is to be under admirality not division ruling army. I wanted merging but didn't happen because some people weren't happy with result. Tainer left disco and personaly I lost a buddy who took me as lolwut and pushed me into right direction.
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:45 pm

omicron or leigh

thanks a lot for doin all the stuff for the order tommeh

you did your job well even if we did not have the same opinion about some stuff sometimes

to wedjat stuff
    wedjat should not have power over the order| but as well not the order| too much about them (i remember when rod tried once)

since i saw my name...
    not good idea for now.
    final exams in ~2 months so i wont be able to do it for now if rod is inactive as well...
    majoj
    majoj

Post  majoj Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:44 pm

why not have a real high command consisting of 3 members who would each have a vote and every suggestion/decision would require at least 2 votes? Basketball otherwise, my votes are mario&golanski
    Sead
    Sead

Post  Sead Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:13 pm

I have no idea for who to vote, all guys I knew really good are gone or inactive.. It's just a game so Tommeh so don't feel sorry for dropping out of the main seat, someone will take over eventually, you do what you have to do.

Though, Sly is one of the options I know him.. he's nice. I haven't really flied/played with most of you others, If I did I don't remember what skills you have and are they enough to lead faction.

Neutral
    sad

Post  sad Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Mario/Golanski for Putin/Medvedev.
    Stone
    Stone

Post  Stone Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:42 pm

I don't think anyone here other than Rod is worthy of such a leadership role.

If I had to choose, I would say Collister or Golanski.
    Rodent
    Rodent

Post  Rodent Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:10 am

majoj wrote:why not have a real high command consisting of 3 members who would each have a vote and every suggestion/decision would require at least 2 votes? Basketball otherwise, my votes are mario&golanski

Already happens.

Here's a bit of insight, as Order| SIC and practically running things when tommy was swamped, I can tell you it takes away a lot from your in-game time. 90% of a faction leader's job is outside of game, and more than half of it is outside of RP too.

The leadership role may be interesting at first, but it gets tiring, and draining, fast. Tommy only held out because this faction can run itself, and I was also around at times to help things.

Lemme dissect the two most popular options.

Mario- You got a lot of projects running, would you care to sacrifice a few (or maybe) all of them? I can guarantee you you'll lack on time, especially if you're the figurehead leader, in which you'll get about 25215215125262421 PMs per day.

Golanski-You like going in game a lot and roaming around. Good and all, but being a faction leader demands that you deal with things outside the game more. Deal with other factions, with retarded nutcases, and such. A temperamental mindset will get you nowhere.

In my humble opinion, our choices are not ready for taking up the figurehead role yet(yes, I'd choose Mario or Golanski as well), but with a bit of guidance they'll soon be ready for the role.

And regarding my inactivity: I'll be semi-back from 18th march and fully back (hopefully) in April. You need my help, ask for it.
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:42 am

Rodent wrote:
    Mario- You got a lot of projects running, would you care to sacrifice a few (or maybe) all of them? I can guarantee you you'll lack on time, especially if you're the figurehead leader, in which you'll get about 25215215125262421 PMs per day.

If needed I simply give the projects away if anyone wants to go on with them.
    If not... they die or i go on with em when i have some time.

Also like i said to tommeh before he wrote that...
    (i asked him here and there for more orderstuff to work on)
    I have more free time now. since I argued with my boss that i cant work 15 hour a day.
    + I have my 2 free days per week now for sure... not like before, when he told me i have to work each 2nd weekend Razz

Like I already said in skype to golly... I will Leave the Angels in such a case.

next point... I already have this messageflood cause beeing a angel currently and spent a decent time out of game. discussions with angels, organise guides, helping newbies via skype and in the forums.

I know that fleetadmiral is not only fun to be.

Recruitment. Diplomacy, big scale events, oorp stuff with admins, ....with devs, ...as well as other leaders who want to organise or know stuff, tech request, capital "go everywhere" bills... just to tell a few points.

kay rod.

since you're an admiral for "some" time now I trust you if you say you have a much better cantidate.
    Even if you want to take over tommehs seat and give yours to anyone else.

At one point I can speak for golly and me.

"We don't need anyone who wants to be leader. We need the best one for this job."

Rodent
    Rodent

Post  Rodent Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:33 am

So who's the best one for the job? Wink
    Catbert

Post  Catbert Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:53 am

I honestly can't imagine the Order| leadership changing. So, I'll just state my opinion on the matter.
    I'd suggest one of the current Order| HC for the leading position, if any of them really wants it.
    We'll need new HC members anyway, so either Michal or Mario would be suitable (and again, I'm not sure who'd better suit for that position).
    No matter what decision is made, I'll remain on semi-active level in game and may try to arrange some more events in the meantime (current university assignments prevent me from going in game too often, but I still keep an eye on the forums/skype/etc).

P.S.: and I know that this post was as helpful as... something that is not helpful (cba to look for a good metaphor), but I really have no idea.

P.P.S: maybe this would work: Rod - Admiral, Sly - Vice, Mario and Michal - Rear Admirals (yeah, our faction status says there may be 2 Rear Admirals). That solution will give all people mentioned a promo, and the HC would get some active people, yet those with leading experience will lead. Everyone happy, no?
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Rodent wrote:So who's the best one for the job? Wink

you saw my opinion in mah first post in here Razz

you're not active enough... Razz
    Omicron
    Omicron

Post  Omicron Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Catbert wrote:
    P.P.S: maybe this would work: Rod - Admiral, Sly - Vice, Mario and Michal - Rear Admirals (yeah, our faction status says there may be 2 Rear Admirals). That solution will give all people mentioned a promo, and the HC would get some active people, yet those with leading experience will lead. Everyone happy, no?

Supporting this idea, never thought about that. Respect +
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:17 pm

same as above if roddy is moaaar active
    qwertypp7

Post  qwertypp7 Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:05 am

Wow. Can't believe anyone nominated me.

Due to limited activity I wouldn't be able to take it unfortunately. Plus a jump from captain to admiral sounds a bit dodgy.

I don't mind giving a little assistance to anyone who does get the position though. Give me a promotion and I'll help with diplomacy and tech requests and other shit. I've been working on improving our relations with the Hellfire Legion recently anyway.
    Jeremy_Hunter

IMPORTANT TO DISCUSS [For everyone, post your opinions] Empty Meh...

Post  Jeremy_Hunter Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:39 am

Omicron

Eriksson

If not Eriksson, Collister.

Stone
    Stone

Post  Stone Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:40 am

If I was more active, myself. Otherwise I'll be a right hand man if necessary.
    Elven12

Post  Elven12 Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:14 am

Bah, diplomacy is sweet and isn't hard job. Nor are tech requests, which're instadenied in 90% of cases.. Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:33 am