Order Primary Fleet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discovery GC Freelancer Order Primary Fleet Forums

+8
Mario
Sead
Tommeh
Critius
Pacific
Implosion
Stone
Rodent
12 posters

Courting a house

Rodent
    Rodent

Courting a house Empty Courting a house

Post  Rodent Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:28 am

So Critius proposed an idea of getting into Gallia's pants, so to speak, and try to get them to turn a battlegroup...or 5, on the nomads, effectively wiping them out. He had in mind faking Wilde attacks on Gallia, and we, as the Order, jump in to fake purge them, gaining Gallia's trust.

I too, have had in mind plans to infiltrate a house, the final plan being convincing the house to turn a part of it's fleet on the nomads, with the additional boost, we should be able to march on Iota and destroy it's defenses.

The question is, which house is the most suitable candidate? Gallia was a proposal, as we see. Kusari and Rhienland are less likely candidates. I am personally liking Bretonia, but their fleets are getting royally shafted, so they might not be able to lend us the guns we need.

Rhienland and Kusari both end their wars in 4.86, so their fleets would be dormant, and with a little tweaking, we could maybe turn them to our side. The problem is, our current alliances are a bit troublesome for both of them, and we will have to avoid getting seen in closet with their enemies to gain their support.

This is currently a question of which house should we target in infiltration? Post your choice and *valid* reasons for the choice. Once we got a sizaeble gamut of opinion, we'll decide.

And Liberty is ruled out, don't even bother.
    Stone
    Stone

Courting a house Empty Re: Courting a house

Post  Stone Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:46 am

I propose Rheinland.

We don't help out the unlawfuls in their house, so they have little reason to hate on us for our relations.

They also battle with the Das Wilde, so they know that the nomads are a threat.

The fact that they're getting closer to Kusari, who, also suffer from wild attacks just gives them more reasons to cooperate with us.

Since we also are warring with Liberty, the Rheinlanders can be sure that we won't betray them.

scratch Anybody else have anything to add on Rheinland?
    Implosion
    Implosion

Post  Implosion Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:48 am

GRN wouldn't even think to help us.
    My money's on Rheinland.
    Rodent
    Rodent

Post  Rodent Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:56 am

Stone raised an interesting point in the chat. Kusari and Rhienland are getting closer and closer diplomatically. We could kill two birds with one stone, if we manage to convince either of these houses, the other house shall fall in as well.

my personal preferrance is for Rheinland as well.
    Pacific

Post  Pacific Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:28 am

I will propose Kusari. Because I had my fair share of battles with both of the houses Rheinland and Kusari . And I think Kusari will be more able to handle the task. But If we are going to hit two houses with one stone then it dosen't matter on what house we are going to work from those two.
    Critius

Post  Critius Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 am

I still think Gallia. Rheinland and Kusari already have met the nomads and don't seem to intrested in helping. Gallia on the other hand:
    -Has the only not weakened navy
    -Has limitied to no contact or knowledge of nomads
    -Already has restless and scared citizens (revolt & council)
    -Has a vengeful King who likes to throw his huge fleet around
    -Has a secret pathway straight to the Omicrons (burn the Outcasts too)
    -Has no clue what the order are
    -Would be easiest to scare with an alien invasion
    -Most likely not to be able to attack if we screw this up (2 wars and distance)

Taking revenge on a faction, looking for places with better stuff than them, sending fleets to win a seemingly impossible war- this all screams Gallia to me
    Rodent
    Rodent

Post  Rodent Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:59 am

Oh, I had a short talk with Mike (Exile). Here's how it looked.

[4:27:36 PM] Mike Oerlemans (Exile): shoot
    [4:27:43 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: What are the chances
    [4:27:57 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: of GRN helping any Sirian faction
    [4:27:59 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: militarily
    [4:28:05 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: against what they see as a threat?
    [4:28:18 PM] Mike Oerlemans (Exile): Depends on the casus, gimme a scenario.
    [4:28:28 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: Alright, hypothetically.
    [4:28:36 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: Say, you are pestered by nomad attacks.
    [4:28:46 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: Hypothetical, so bear with me.
    [4:28:51 PM] Mike Oerlemans (Exile): Yeah go on.
    [4:29:27 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: The Order comes in and assists you against these pests. They also share knowledge of how to fight them.
    [4:29:49 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: Would the GRN think it necessary to help the Order against the nomads, in this case?
    [4:31:16 PM] Mike Oerlemans (Exile): Doubtful. Depends on the force of Gallic Royalists in the system. But if they wanted, they could waltz right into Iota and vanquish it. Would lose some, but entirely possible.

Unless the Order really have something to bring to the table, something worth something for Gallia, the king'd meh and continue on. Keeping in mind too all the incursions, albeit indies, made by the Order into Gallia. Not just indies too, I believe.
    [4:31:47 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: What'd they consider valuable?
    [4:32:27 PM] Mike Oerlemans (Exile): I don't know, something beneficial for the entire kingdom in a direct way most likely. Not my place or job to think that up. Smile
    [4:32:52 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: Hmm, alright.
    [4:32:59 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: You're on the other side of Sirius from the nomads anyway.
    [4:33:10 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: so doubt that hypothetical situation'll ever arise
    [4:33:50 PM] Prarabdh Thakur: Thanks for answering Wink
    Tommeh
    Tommeh

Post  Tommeh Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:02 am

Gallia sounds good to me, cause we have no specific relations with their unlawfuls, and wouldn't ruin any base access stuff like in all other houses. In Rheinland, Bundusch dudes would realize what we are doing sooner or later, and most likely wouldn't allow us to dock on their bases anymore, while Rheinland lawfuls, even if they agreed to help us, wouldn't in no way allow us to dock on any of their bases.
    Rodent
    Rodent

Post  Rodent Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:08 am

The Bundies have political connections in Rhienland, and a party. We could take *their* help in establishing something with Rhienland.
    Sead
    Sead

Post  Sead Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:28 am

Well basic GRN RP is to pew pew sirians.. as Exile said it might depend on scenario but it's unlikely they would ever need our help or need something from us except data and info about nomads but that's not worth much, they could simply ignore them as the rest of the sirius till now.

Only thing we might offer them are nomad weapons but we aren't giving that to anyone so.. meh.
    Stone
    Stone

Post  Stone Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:57 pm

Tommeh wrote:Gallia sounds good to me, cause we have no specific relations with their unlawfuls, and wouldn't ruin any base access stuff like in all other houses. In Rheinland, Bundusch dudes would realize what we are doing sooner or later, and most likely wouldn't allow us to dock on their bases anymore, while Rheinland lawfuls, even if they agreed to help us, wouldn't in no way allow us to dock on any of their bases.

If we can convince Rheinland to help us, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if we used Kreuzberg Depot (provided the Junkers are okay with it).
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:46 pm

Stone wrote:I propose Rheinland.

We don't help out the unlawfuls in their house, so they have little reason to hate on us for our relations.

They also battle with the Das Wilde, so they know that the nomads are a threat.

The fact that they're getting closer to Kusari, who, also suffer from wild attacks just gives them more reasons to cooperate with us.

Since we also are warring with Liberty, the Rheinlanders can be sure that we won't betray them.

scratch Anybody else have anything to add on Rheinland?

this one
    Omicron
    Omicron

Post  Omicron Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Rheinland is a option, but keep in mind we do not know how Bundschuch, RHA or SCRA may react.
    Stone
    Stone

Post  Stone Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Omicron wrote:Rheinland is a option, but keep in mind we do not know how Bundschuch, RHA or SCRA may react.

Thing is, even combined, they wouldn't have the power of an entire fleet. If they throw a tantrum about it, too bad. We're doing what's best for Sirius.
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Omicron wrote:Rheinland is a option, but keep in mind we do not know how Bundschuch, RHA or SCRA may react.

did we ever had any good stuff from RHA or bundie allie?

ok well...scra... ehrm wait... ok we had some nice RP withthem... but... also never a real advantage for being allied with them except inRP forces who support us.

correct me if I am wrong / just my opinion
    Rodent
    Rodent

Post  Rodent Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:36 am

Pacific wrote:I will propose Kusari. Because I had my fair share of battles with both of the houses Rheinland and Kusari . And I think Kusari will be more able to handle the task. But If we are going to hit two houses with one stone then it dosen't matter on what house we are going to work from those two.

Heh, considering Golanski's recent fail, I think Kusari is ruled out pirat

Mario wrote:ok well...scra... ehrm wait... ok we had some nice RP withthem... but... also never a real advantage for being allied with them except inRP forces who support us.

They are giving us an Osiris base in 4.86 (Omega 47 iirc), as well as a few Typhoons (heavy cruisers, good complement to our Reshephs).

Stone wrote:Thing is, even combined, they wouldn't have the power of an entire fleet. If they throw a tantrum about it, too bad. We're doing what's best for Sirius.

That's our thinking. The thing is, Rhienland will never send their whole fleet, that's just unreasonable. At most, they will send a battlegroup, if the SCRA see a Rhienland battlegroup assisting us...they'll throw a tantrum.

That'll happen sooner or later. We need to choose our allies carefully. In my personal opinion the SCRA alliance is a whole lot of bother, RP wise.

Critius

Post  Critius Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:50 am

If we could get Rheinland to send battlegroups to aid us in the first place we wouldn't need some of these allies.

Honestly most of the faction leaders today are far too stingy and complacent, I feel like im playing a monopoly game with Grandma (no matter how many times we go around the board, and no matter how incredibly tedious it gets she won't trade any propertys).
    Omicron
    Omicron

Post  Omicron Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:56 am

I dislike Order-SCRA alliance, but that's only mine opinion. If we ever manage to bring Rheinland to help us, with their in-rp very limited fleet we need cover it from Bundies or SCRA. Or decide between them or Rheinland goverment.
    Rodent
    Rodent

Post  Rodent Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:49 am

[5:16:15 PM] Mike Oerlemans (Exile): Let me be clear
    [5:16:19 PM] Mike Oerlemans (Exile): Order/GRN cooperation
    [5:16:19 PM] Mike Oerlemans (Exile): Not happening.

bounce
    N-Rogers
    N-Rogers

Post  N-Rogers Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:55 am

Omicron wrote:I dislike Order-SCRA alliance, but that's only mine opinion. If we ever manage to bring Rheinland to help us, with their in-rp very limited fleet we need cover it from Bundies or SCRA. Or decide between them or Rheinland goverment.

I agree with you on this one.
    Sead
    Sead

Post  Sead Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:56 am

SCRA is friendly with RHA to some sort I belive. We could form tight relations with rhienland unlawfuls if we want. I mean they are all connected and allied with each other and aren't really hostile to SCRA I think.

But Rhienland lawfuls would hate us then. I guess SCRA and few docking rights from other factions is enough.
    Omicron
    Omicron

Post  Omicron Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:01 am

Another proposition. I see IMG/CR as candidate for eventual ally. Even if not direct ally, docking rights on Pecos (Coronado) would be fine to make some RP rolling in that sector (building a base/colony?)
    Rodent
    Rodent

Post  Rodent Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:50 am

Omicron wrote:Another proposition. I see IMG/CR as candidate for eventual ally. Even if not direct ally, docking rights on Pecos (Coronado) would be fine to make some RP rolling in that sector (building a base/colony?)

Not happening.
    Critius

Post  Critius Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:32 am

We could always just get the a house or two to charge the nomads without cooperating with us. Makes no difference to me, but if it makes them feel better....
    majoj
    majoj

Post  majoj Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:05 pm

I thought SCRA has sufficient military (huge amount of snub) to, when joined with our forces, wipe out Iota without problems

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:22 pm